One of the advantages of online poker is the ability to play at several tables at once (even if this is not allowed). However, when you start, it would be a big mistake to follow this pattern.
Before moving on to multi-table play, first, take the time to learn how to win at a single table, and this involves learning all the technical aspects of online poker. Only then will you gradually add more tables.
Keep your concentration
In poker, everything goes fast and sometimes even too fast! The slightest mistake of inattention can therefore cost you dearly. When playing online poker, you need to stay focused, and if you don’t, leave the table immediately. So, to maintain concentration, you need to:
- Forget about TV shows where you see professional players talking and even having fun with each other.
- ignore your phone (calls, emails, sms…)
- and all the other things that could distract you
Play in a serene and comfortable environment
Identify a room or corner in your house or apartment that you will transform to make it an ideal play environment. For the room, for example, you can:
- paint it in a cheerful colour
- Have a small refrigerator for healthy snacks and refreshing drinks.
- decorate it with beautiful plants or flowers
- put personal objects that evoke beautiful memories on your workstation
- plan a playlist of the songs you like the most, etc.
The goal of this tip is to create a pleasant environment in which you will feel comfortable and which will inspire you positively.
Set limits to play within
This point is very important because, in fact, it is a question of knowing how to remain reasonable and not get carried away by the madness of gambling. As with all other games, you must set yourself limits when playing online poker, regardless of whether you have a budget of 10, 100 or 1000 euros.
For example, you may decide that your possible losses will be limited to 10 or 15% of your budget… Just as you can set or set your winning goals at 10 or 15% of your budget, and once you reach that goal, stop playing at least for that part. By the way, just remember that it is very important to know how to stop when playing poker.